The Damaraland in Namibia: an awe-inspiring desert landscape, rugged mountains and fascinatingly exotic wildlife! Set in the Aba Huab River Valley at three and a half hours’ distance from Swakopmund, the luxurious Doro Nawas Camp is an elegant and luxurious basis for exploring this world of wonder.
Looking north, the Etendeka Mountains line the horizon. In the south, the glowing red Twyfelfontein sandstone formations rise out of the ground. Twyfelfontein is a historic site. Throughout the millennia,
read more »
the San tribe carved and painted the rocks; historic evidence that is still in surprisingly good condition.
The Doro Nawas Camp’s design concept is both unique and highly appealing. Blending with the pristine environment, the single storey bungalows were constructed with natural materials like natural stone, wood, straw and glass.
The result is a stunning success. The entire complex integrates into the rugged terrain. A comfortable main building is the focal point and accommodates the central facilities.
Apart from the first-class restaurant that pampers its guest with cleverly crafted delicacies, a gracious terrace sports a breathtaking view of the spectacular landscape. Lean back and enjoy a stirring desert sunset or contemplate the incomparable desert night sky, jam-packed with stars.
Doro Nawas is committed to sustainable tourism and cooperation with local communities. The celebrated safari lodge chain Wilderness Safaris holds 60 percent of the exquisite accommodation and the villagers hold the remaining 40 percent.
Apart from supporting and involving the local community, part of the profits are invested into nature conservation efforts. First and foremost, it is this successful combination of long-standing traditions with conscious modernisation that ensures your holiday experience will be truly memorable.
Allow INTOSOL to introduce you to Namibia, the Damaraland and the Doro Nawas Camp and spend days of pure bliss and perfect service in this inspiring setting.
« show less